Sec. 97.505 Element credit
(a) The administering VEs must give credit as specified below to an examinee holding any of the following license grants or license documents:
(1) An unexpired (or expired but within the grace period for renewal) FCC-granted Advanced Class operator license grant: Elements 2 and 3.
(2) An unexpired (or expired but within the grace period for renewal) FCC-granted General Class operator license grant: Elements 2 and 3.
(3) An unexpired (or expired but within the grace period for renewal) FCC-granted Technician or Technician Plus Class operator (including a Technician Class operator license granted before February 14, 1991) license grant: Element 2.
(4) An expired FCC-issued Technician Class operator license document granted before March 21, 1987; Element 3.
(5) A CSCE: Each element the CSCE indicates the examinee passed within the previous 365 days.
(b) No examination credit, except as herein provided, shall be allowed on the basis of holding or having held any other license grant or document.
[59 FR 54834, Nov. 2, 1994, as amended at 63 FR 68980, Dec. 14, 1998; 65 FR 6551, Feb. 10, 2000; 69 FR 24997, May 5, 2004; 72 FR 3082, Jan. 24, 2007]